Tristan Mackintosh, Bayards
The goal of this presentation is to introduce and educate the
possibilities and advantages of aluminum structures especially helidecks
for the offshore industry.
An important market for Bayards is the Offshore industry, as aluminum is the ideal material to use in the marine environment and can be the perfect solution when a rig structure or vessel has weight limitations.
About 25 years ago Bayards have supplied their first aluminum helideck for the North Sea Offshore industry, during the following years helidecks were frequently built at Bayards. In recent years the offshore industry started to discover the advantages of an aluminum helidecks.
- Short introduction of Bayards Aluminum constructions.
- Focus of Bayards USA
- Brief description of possible aluminum structures in the offshore industry (apart from helidecks)
- Aluminum Helidecks
- Advantages of aluminum (helidecks) opposed to steel
- Structural integrity of aluminum in fire
- How are aluminum helidecks build up
- extrusion profiles
- materials selection of fasteners/piping and safety netting
- prefabricated assembly kits
- aluminum/steel interface.
- Fire fighting systems
- Active fire fighting systems
- Passive fire fighting systems
- Helideck Winterization (heat tracing)
- International standards: CAA CAP437
Biography - Tristan Mackintosh
In the summer of 2007, straight out of school Mackintosh started working as a supervisor at Bayards, supervising helideck assemblies at the big Korean shipyards. January 2008 he started as a project manager at Bayards main office in the Netherlands, managing helideck projects for clients predominantly in South Korea.
After 1 year of working as a project manager Macintosh gained enough technical knowledge about aluminum structures to start in a commercial position. Beginning of 2009 he started as a business development manager, responsible for South East Asia, India and the Middle East. After successfully getting projects with Key clients in these areas in that year he was ready to move on to a new area.
In April 2010 Bayards opened a sales office in Houston in order to supply the GOM Offshore industry with light weight, non-corrosive aluminum structures. Since then Macintosh is the area manger in Houston.