Virginia Tech SNAME Membership
While most members at Virginia Tech are pursuing a degree in ocean engineering, membership is open to any student currently seeking an engineering degree in a related field.
VT SNAME Benefits:
- Connect with students at Virginia Tech pursuing careers in naval architecture, marine engineering, shipbuilding, and more.
- Attend meetings with companies
- Join the VT SNAME resume book
- Leadership opportunities
If you are interested in joining the Virginia Tech SNAME student section, please contact Thomas Schubert at firstname.lastname@example.org
SNAME Student Membership
SNAME was founded in 1892, and it serves as the worldwide professional society for maritime technology. While most members of SNAME are currently working in the maritime industry, there is an opportunity for students to become involved with SNAME through a student membership. This is highly encouraged if you are interested in becoming a member or are a current member of the Virginia Tech SNAME student section.
- Connect with other students and professional members through student section meetings, local section meetings, and events around the world
- Apply for scholarships available every year
- Receive 20 free downloads of papers from our vast technical library
- Receive exclusive discounts on SNAME publications and other textbooks. (Very beneficial to those pursuing Ocean Engineering)
- Advance your career through internships available in our career center
For more information to become a member, please visit here. Also, don't hesitate to check out the Student Steering Committee. This is a great way to connect among many other students around the globe.