January 2018 IssueRegional Focus: Polar Seas
|SNAME Members Demand Technical Credibility.
(mt) provides vital technical information and thought leadership to the global maritime industry and community of naval architects, marine and ocean engineers and related professionals.
Click to open
|Important changes with (mt) content include:
- More information about technological advances and improvements
- Case studies
- Professional notes for business
- Public policy discussion in every issue
- New design to improve ease of reading
(mt) has created a revised blend of content that is more relevant for architects and marine engineers.
(mt) publishes original content organized as follows:
Feature articles [five at four to six pages each] include clear, concise graphics, drawings, tables, charts, or photos that show data that supports technical discussions. One of the features focuses on a ship or vessel report with standard drawing, characteristics and key specifications.
Departments provide opinion and editorial content in addition to member profiles, policy briefings, technical notes, SNAME paper abstracts, education, book, web site and media reviews and historical notes.
--The USCG’s Polar Icebreaker Design
--Evolving Design Tools for Arctic Subsea Pipelines
--Royal Canadian Navy Arctic/Offshore Patrol Ships (AOPS) April 2018 Issue
Focus: Automation and Control Systems (including autonomous shipping)
--Global Ship Tracking Using Satellite AIS
--Developing an e-Navigation Strategy
July 2018 Issue
- Advertising Space Close: 3/2/18
- Advertising Materials Close: 3/7/18
Focus: Structural Systems (to include coatings)
--Analysis and Failure of Sandwich Structures
--Structural Fatigue Monitoring
--Additive Manufacturing/3-D Printing
October 2018 Issue
- Advertising Space Close: 6/1/18
- Advertising Materials Close: 6/5/18
Focus: Education and Workforce Development
--Bridging Industry and Academia
--The University of Aberdeen in Korea: Model or One-Off?
January 2019 Issue
- Advertising Space Close: 8/31/18
- Advertising Materials Close: 9/6/18
Focus: Modularity, Flexibility, and Adaptability in Design Stage
April 2019 Issue
- Advertising Space Close: 12/12/18
- Advertising Materials Close: 12/15/18
Regional Focus: Southern Hemisphere