“ Offshore Oil Exploration & Transportation Logistics “
Technical Meeting Report by Dimitrios Economou
On November 24 the Greek Section had its third technical meeting for the 2011-2012 season, in the presence of 58 persons (45 members and 13 visitors), Mr Luiz Motta, Director of Technology and Business Development for ABS Eastern and Middle Eastern Regions, presented the titled subject.
The author, after a presentation of the oil world demand and supply, concentrated on the Brazilian situation describing in a very clear and documented way the following:
- Brazilian Economic Drivers
- Brazil Offshore and Pre-salt Deepwater Exploration
- Brazil Oil Production
- Brazilian shuttle tankers fleet and fleet renewal program
- Last three years charter vs. spot rates
- Shuttle Tankers Description
- Rules and Regulations
- Shuttle Tankers Class Notations
- Dynamic Positioning Systems (DPS)
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Holding Capability Plot
- Cargo Loading & Unloading Systems
- Bow Loading & FPSO Trailing Pipe
- Operational Requirements
A lively discussion followed this interested presentation and the meeting was concluded with a nice reception at the hospitable premises of Maran Tankers.
in the photo are ( from left to right ):
D. Economou, Member EC Committee; L. Motta, Author;
K. Maounis, Chairman; P. Lalangas, Secretary / Treasurer
the presentation can be found below:
Note: Our next technical meeting will take place on December 15, during which Mr. Panos Zachariadis of Atlantic Bulk Carriers Management Ltd will speak on the subject: “Energy Efficiency Design Index (EEDI) / IMO’’. Please mark your calendar and do not miss this last meeting for 2011.