Impact of the Fuel Injection Systems on the Maritime and Industrial Requirements by the Community
by Dimitrios Economou
On September 16, 2010, the Greek Section’s first technical meeting of the 2010-2011 season was held at the Auditorium of Maran Tankers Inc.(kind offer of the owners).
The meeting was attended by 31 members and 11 visitors from the shipping community.
Dr Marcos Gutierrez, Project Manager, Research & Development Dpt of DUAP AG, Switzerland,
presented his paper on “Impact of the Fuel Injection Systems on the Maritime and Industrial
Requirements by the Community”.
The following topics were presented and discussed:
· Emission’s regulations for the next years
· Composition of the exhaust gasses of the diesel engines
· Comparison of emissions between conventional and common rail fuel injection systems
· Main failure types in common rail systems
· Main failure types in conventional systems
· Optimized geometries and production processes
· The DUAP’s solutions Fuel Saving and Maintenance Cost Reduction
· The way that DUAP reaches durability, quality and environmental requirements by understanding the processes, identifying potential critical areas(design and analysis), simulations and testing
· The products of DUAP
· Actual and Future Requirements for Clean Energy
After this presentation of significant current interest, a reception was held at an adjacent hall at Maran Tankers, Inc.
The presentation of this lecture
can be found here
Greek Section September 16, 2010 meeting (l to r): Dimitrios Lyridis, papers committee chairman, Nikos Dionissopoulos, substitute EC member, Dimitios Economou, EC member, Dr Marcos Gutierrez Author, Petros Lalangas, Chairman, Kostas Maounis, Secretary/treasurer.