IBEX is North America’s largest technical trade event in North America for marine industry professionals and is powered globally by METSTRADE, the world’s leading platform and community for professionals in the leisure marine equipment industry. IBEX is owned and produced by the National Marine Manufacturers Association and RAI Amsterdam.
CALL FOR PAPERS!
Technical papers relating to small craft, especially powerboats, are sought for a one day, two track symposium to be held at the International Boatbuilders Exhibition at the Tampa Convention Center (IBEX, www.ibexshow.com) during “Super Session” day, Monday September 30, the day before the full exhibition opens. IBEX is the world leading convention for small craft builders, designers, surveyors. Typically, several thousand boat builders, surveyors, repairers, designers and related professionals from the small craft industry attend.
Topics might include:
- Novel design concepts for hulls, propulsors, etc.
- Shock and impact in waves, including shock seating, human factors, shock analysis, and testing
- High performance materials and structural design issues including advanced analysis techniques, composites, aluminum, high performance wood concepts and scantling codes
- Hydrodynamic analysis of propulsors, speed and power, maneuvering, dynamic stability and seakeeping
- Safety issues such as fire, electrical systems, carbon monoxide, and human control factors in high speed craft
- Advanced production technology
- Model testing techniques
- Advanced analysis techniques or case studies such as computation fluid dynamics or smoothed particle hydrodynamics
- Boating accident analysis technology
- Vessel condition assessment technology such as hull thermography, tap sounding technology, structural water intrusion detection, etc.
Papers will be peer reviewed by SNAME subject matter experts, will be archived by SNAME and may be subsequently published as appropriate in one of the two scholarly SNAME publications; the Journal of Ship Production and Design or the Journal of Ship Research.
Abstracts up to 200 words are preferred, but initial expressions of interest to present can be submitted as soon as possible with abstract to follow. Please email email@example.com if you plan to submit.