Undergraduate General ScholarshipApplication Guidelines:
1. Open to citizens of U. S. and Canada.
2. Study toward a degree in naval architecture, marine engineering, ocean engineering or marine industy related fields at one of the following schools:
- California Maritime Academy
- Florida Atlantic University
- Florida Institute of Technology
- Maine Maritime Academy
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Texas A&M University/College Station
- University of British Columbia
- University of California/Berkeley
- University of Michigan
- University of New Orleans
- State University of New York Maritime College
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute
- Webb Institute - the Society also awards a stipend to support undergraduate education at Webb
3. Must be entering junior or senior year.
4. Membership in the Society four months prior to making application for an award.
5. Requests are made directly to schools listed above.
6. Schools present their nominations in biographical form for each applicant and include statement from student indicating his/her career goals and why interested in the marine field.
7. Selection of recipients is made by the colleges in accordance with their established procedures.
8. Nominations are presented to the Society's Scholarships Committee annually by May 1st for approval by the Society's Executive Committee in June.
9. Students may repeat as an Undergraduate recipient and subsequently apply for a Graduate scholarship.Scholarship Value:
Up to $2,000 per year.
Application Request To: mail to:email@example.com
Mandell and Lester Rosenblatt Undergraduate Scholarship
A maximum value of $6,000
A new undergraduate scholarship in honor of Mandell and Lester Rosenblatt was first awarded in 2007. A second annual undergraduate scholarship in honor of Robert N. Herbert will be first awarded in 2008. Requirements for each of these new awards are generally as above except that special criteria are given on the application form and the deadline for application submission is June 1, with all supporting documents due by June 15. Application forms are to be downloaded from the Society’s Web Site and submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Download Information for the Rosenblatt Scholarship